Wizards of Freelancing
Successful freelancing requires a certain kind of wizardry. In this session, moderated by Lucy Feagins, learn from designer Beci Orpin and stylist Heather Nette King, both champions of their respective industries.
Beci is a prolific designer, artist and author, whose 15 year freelance career has seen her create illustrations and graphics for brands including Universal Music, Visa, Fosters and Mercedes Benz.
Heather is an in demand interiors stylist whose editorial clients include The Age Sunday Life, Real Living, Inside Out, Country Style and Elle Decoration UK, whilst commercial clients include Dulux, Myer, Bonnie & Neil and many more.
This event will outline the impressive career trajectories of both Beci and Heather, and the invaluable lessons learnt along the way.
After an introduction to both creatives, Lucy will lead an in conversation Q&A with each freelance wizard, unpacking the nuts on bolts on working for yourself, including:
· Building and maintaining client relationships
· The fine art of self promotion
· Money talk - what to charge, dealing with low budgets and no budgets!
· Outsourcing and delegation
· Time management and work / life balance
· The ups and down of working from home
· Inbox anxiety - managing email!
· Invaluable Apps and e-resources for small business
· Social media for freelancers
Date: Wednesday 9th September 2015
Time: 6.30 – 8.30pm
Location: 14 Little Oxford St, Collingwood
Cost: $120 inc gst
Drinks and refreshments by Firecracker.